One feature I am starting to really appreciate on the X cameras is the way the focus point can be moved into even the furthest corners of the image frame. When photographing people I like to put the focus point on their eye. With most other cameras this is often difficult to do when the model's face is near the edge of the frame.
The fuji X cameras have 49 focus points scattered over most of the image frame making it easy to place one close to the edge of the frame. Plus the size of the focus rectangle can be change on the fly by turning the rear command dial. While many pro DSLR cameras have even more focus points than the X cameras, these points are usually grouped towards the middle of the frame leaving a large border along the edges of the frame without any focus coverage. DSLR photographers have learned to "grab focus" and then move the frame to compose the shot. With a Fuji X camera that isn't necessary, and that is one reason I like it for lifestyle photography.
 |
Blogger
Google+
Facebook
Twitter